Diapers.com

buy diapers
shop diapers.com
plus shop for all your baby needs.
britax car seats, similac, baby registry and more.
Get $10 off
your first order of diapers
use code TEAL0458$49 min. total order

Jun 28, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen questions I've been asked so far this week...

1. Which one of you is leaving? (the ad ran this weekend for my replacement)

2. Why are you leaving? (to go back to school full-time)

3. What happened to the front of your car? (I hit a deer and haven't been able to get it to the repair shop yet)

4. Do you know your headlight is crooked/falling out/messed up? (yes, see above. As long as my hood is closed, it is pretty stable and I don't plan on driving around with the hood up!)

5. Will you switch shifts with me at the Evil Empire? (That answer was yes, I may need him to cover me in the future.)

6. This is my fourth DUI, do you think I need to go to rehab? (Most likely, but you definitely need to start drinking at home)

7. Do I actually need to appear for my hearing? (unless you want to see "fireworks" in the county jail...yes you need to be there)

8. Why won't you accept my brother's collect calls from jail? (because we've been communicating with you and I'm not accepting collect calls to discuss a criminal case on a recorded jail line)

These are just from this morning....what not to ask when trying to schedule an interview:

9. How much will I be making? (I'm not the one interviewing you...come to the interview and find out)

10. Were there a lot of applicants? (It's one of the most successful firms in the area...what do you think?)

11. What are my chances? (how 'bout you come to the interview and find out?)

12. I've already put in my notice at my current job and accepted another job...how soon will I know if I get this one? (Frankly, if you are willing to jump ship that quickly, boss probably doesn't want you here)

13. Can I come for my interview at 5:45 p.m.? (I proposed 4:30 p.m....you've already put in your notice at your other job...what are they going to do....fire you?)

2 comments:

Jaded Moon said...

ROFL, good Thursday Thirteen blog!

I remember those kind of phone calls, people asking if they got the job before they even scheduled an interview.

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

I was a band geek and one day I was doing the football game thing in high school and my friends saw a headlight hanging out of my mom's new car and asked what I hit. This is when I found out that my parents had been in a pretty serious collision with a deer. Nice way to find out, eh???

A is doing ok, last I heard was drugged up but ok. W is ok too, seeking legal input and getting his nose reset today.